Friday, October 26, 2012

The Magic of Belle Isle

Are you looking for a great movie to watch at home this weekend?  I can recommend just such a movie!  It is on both Netflix and Amazon Prime, and it's also available to rent from Redbox.

The Magic of Belle Isle is the best movie I've seen in awhile.  Even Chad loved it!  Convinced I was forcing a "chick flick" or "something sappy" on him, he was all prepared to NOT be impressed.  But, hahaha, he was!

Morgan Freeman stars as Monte Wildhorn, a wheelchair-bound, alcoholic, very cranky and cantankerous western novelist with a major years-long case of writer's block.  His only passions are the rather large pity party he's throwing for himself, and his drinking.

I know, I know, you're asking yourself, "What's so great about that???"

I don't want to spoil the movie and give away too many details, but Monte is sort of forced to move into a house that's empty for the summer, except for the owner's dog that Monte is supposed to care for.  The next-door neighbors are a woman and her three young daughters, and one girl in particular sort of attaches herself to Monte, whether he likes it or not.

And that's all I'm going to tell you about the plot.  Trust me, this is a wonderful movie, great for the whole family, and you won't be sorry you watched it!

No comments:

Post a Comment