Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Finished?

Ta-Daa!  Here it is!

I think we are about finished with the Rose McLaughlin Memorial Garden...for now! Click here, here, and here to see how things have changed.

Rose McLaughlin Memorial Garden

Look at this rose bush! This is the second blooming since we planted it, and it's amazing!

We have lots of different perennials planted that just need to grow and spread, and some that have not bloomed yet, but will yet this season.  While we wait for that to happen, we have put in some annuals to help fill in the gaps.  Over the next few years, this garden will grow and change, and I'm sure it will be tweaked here and there, and I would like to find or make some kind of memorial plaque, but I haven't decided exactly what I'd like to do as far as that goes.  I've kicked some ideas around, and looked at some things, but nothing seems just right yet, and I don't mind being very picky about it.

Did you notice that the landscaping rocks inside the garden are gone?  They just weren't working, so we moved them out and filled in with dirt, then put in many more plants.  I'm sure Grandma Rose is up in Heaven approving the change, and probably saying, "I told you so!".

Love you and miss you, Grandma!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous. I like the idea of Grandma saying, "I told you so."

    ReplyDelete