Monday, November 12, 2012

More Confessions

My cousins are doing confessions on their blogs today. So, I might as well join them with some of my own.  Maria started it on her blog, Little Things are Big.  Sue, Maria's mom, continued with her own confessions on her blog, Only the Manager.  Click the links and check them out!

Ok, my confessions:

  • Unlike my dear cousins, I am not all that pedi-dexterous, but I produced a child that is very talented in this area.  She has very long toes and can use them almost as well as her fingers; her big toes are as long as thumbs. My confession here is that my daughter's toes gross me out!  She knows this and tortures me on a regular basis with her monkey feet!
  • Like Sue, I rather like red hair. Well, certain shades of red hair. I would try red hair on myself, but Chad insists that I don't.  I do want to stay married, so no experimental red for me!
  • I could happily stay in my jammies until noon every day if I could get away with it.  Beyond noon doesn't work for me, though, because then I just feel like I should be sick or something.
  • I absolutely despise cleaning the bathroom.  I don't know why that is worse than any other household chore, but for me, it is.  Alas, I do a ton of bathroom cleaning, as we have an evening cleaning job three nights per week at a business.  We have divided up the job between us, and my part is to clean the three bathrooms! ACK!
  • I have tried, and tried, and tried over the years to like sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie.  But, gag! I can't even stand the smell of these "goodies".  My husband and daughter love pumpkin pie, so for years I still made it for them.  Now, I'm so glad that my mom bakes the pies for all of the holiday meals, so I don't have to get near the stuff!

 
 
  • I discovered a couple of years ago that every so often I like a really good, super cheesy...Christian romance novel!  I prefer action/adventure/suspense/mysteries usually.  I discovered that our local library has a TON of the Christian romances for when I'm needing to read something gooey.
  • I love, love, LOVE smarties candy! And red tootsie pops! Yep, red only, please!
  • I would laugh hysterically, tears streaming down my face, hardly able to breathe, nearly to the point of wetting my pants, by watching our dog chase a laser light around the house!  Making her crash into the sofa cushions, beak first, so viciously that we could hear her teeth snapping, was the BEST (cushions were nice and soft, we didn't want her to get hurt)!  And shining the light into the kitchen, so she'd lose traction and scramble like Scooby-Doo on the slick floor!!!  Her mission was to destroy that little red light, and she would tear after it for hours!  Sadly, she's over 17-years-old now, and no longer chases the light, probably because she can't really see it.
  • I like to eavesdrop on my daughter while she sings in the shower.  Our bathroom is directly above hers, and the sound comes through the heat vent perfectly.  What???  Don't glare at my blog like that!  It's the only way I'll EVER hear her sing!



4 comments:

  1. And, daughter dear, I never got to hear you sing either. It's not that you can't carry a tune. You can (got that gene from your Dad). But you act like the world would end if anyone should actually hear you sing! What is it with you and Megan? Some of us wish we could sing and you hide your voice under the bushel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I can't believe you don't like pumpkin and sweet potato? Is it the sweetness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you never know...the world just might end if anyone heard me sing! ;o)

    Maria, I don't know about the sweetness...I like plenty of sweet things. They are just plain gross to me! I don't like any of the winter squashes at all. I like summer squash and spaghetti squash, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Thanks for adding your blog to my blog hop.

    I'm sorry you didn't get the monkey feet. Clearly, you are jealous.

    I'm sad you can't enjoy the sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. Come on over, we have some Smarties at our house. I often have them on hand for Cordy as they are a vegan treat.

    ReplyDelete