Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Terrified Hope



Election Day 2012 has finally arrived.  After two years of listening to the campaigning, I think the nation is weary.  I know I am.  So, it is with both hope and fear that I go and place my vote today.  I hope that America as we have known it will not be systematically destroyed, and at the same time I'm terrified that the tide will not turn for our country.  I am not just afraid for this nation as a whole, I am afraid for what the consequences of choices made today could mean for my family.  So I am praying for every voter, praying that God would be with the United States of America, and for protection for the nation, my family, and my friends, no matter how the election turns out.  I have voted many times since I became eligible at the age of 18, but no election has ever been this scary for me before.  I believe everything is on the line this time.  Please, Lord, show Barack Hussein Obama II the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment