Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve


I don't know who to credit for this beautiful picture, but I love it. I found it in Google Images.


Christmas Eve is here, and I am continuing to heal after my surgery.  The recovery has taken longer than I'd anticipated, and I had more pain than I was ready for, but I am feeling so much better without my gallbladder. 


Due to having three incisions right on my waistline, including a fairly large one, I have yet to wear anything other than sweats. I haven't been able to leave the house much. Sitting in the car is still uncomfortable, but I was determined to ride around last night with my husband and daughter to see the Christmas lights.  I was more than ready to get out of the car when we'd finished, but the quick tour was well worth the discomfort I felt. We saw so many beautiful displays!


Today, I am looking forward to doing some preparing for our Christmas Eve plans this evening, and getting things ready for Christmas Morning! Lots of gifts to wrap, and a couple of quick recipes to throw together. We will be having a fairly simple meal tonight, as I am not up to a ton of cooking yet.  My mom will be handling most of it, but I think I will put together a "Watergate Salad" from my Grandma Rose's recipe. 


I don't know if I will feel well enough to attend the Christmas Eve service at church, but I am looking forward to one of my very favorite family traditions; listening to my mother read the story of Jesus' birth from Luke chapter 2, in the King James version.  Normally I read NIV or NLT, but for the Christmas story, I love the poetic KJV, and no other version sounds right.  It wouldn't be Christmas Eve without hearing mom read the story!


I hope you have some wonderful family traditions that you will be enjoying tonight.


May your Christmas Eve be blessed!








No comments:

Post a Comment