Thursday, December 13, 2012

I Need More Time!

Long time, no blog!  I have not dropped off the face of the earth, I've just been crazy busy!  Christmas is fast approaching, and I am not ready!  I sort of have an early deadline this year to get gifts I'm making finished, especially the ones that need to go in the mail.  They need to go out tomorrow, or they won't make it to their destinations until after Christmas. I found out a little over a week ago that I'd be having surgery this coming Monday, and I don't exactly know how quickly I will recover from that.  I hope it will be fast, but I will just have to wait and see.  I'm not counting on feeling much like working on Christmas gifts while I recover, so trying my best to get everything done by this weekend.

So far, I've gotten quite a lot accomplished, but I have two more things to finish making before the Post Office closes tomorrow.  A couple of other gifts that will be staying in town I can finish over the weekend.  One thing that I am glad to have all done on time is a project Chad and I worked on together this year.  There is an angel tree in town for veterans living at the VA home in Buffalo, and also at the VA hospital in Sheridan.  This is the first time I have heard of this particular angel tree, but I guess they've been doing it for several years.  Chad being an Air Force veteran, and getting most of his medical work done through the VA, makes this something we both jumped at when we heard about it.  It's kind of funny, I think maybe the Spirit was moving, because we both heard about the tree on the same day.  Chad heard about it on the radio, and I saw a small blurb in the newspaper.  So that evening, almost at the same time, we were telling each other about this tree! 

We happily went and plucked two cards off that tree.  I always pray that God will put the card in my hand belonging to the person needing me most in situations like this.  I chose a veteran with quite an extensive list.  Nothing too expensive, mostly things like some clothing, personal items, puzzle books and Christmas treats.  The other one Chad chose had quite a small list, mostly personal items, clothing and towels.  It was so humbling for both of us to see that of all the things they could have asked for, these men chose such simple things that everyone needs on a daily basis, and to think that they don't have these things, breaks my heart a little bit.  We had a wonderful time shopping for both of these men, and then packaging up their gifts and wrapped rather large boxes for them both.  Before the boxes were sealed, I enclosed a Christmas card for each with just our first names.  I hope they feel the love that we enclosed in the packages with their gifts.  I don't know the names of these two men, but God does, and what their needs are.  They are in our prayers.

So, now back to work with me!  I have a lot to get done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment