Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Venus Transit

I've been outside looking at Venus going across the face of the sun, and it is one of the neatest things I've ever seen!  Don't worry, I have #12 welding glass I'm looking through.  Knowing that this in an event that won't be seen again by anyone alive today is kind of cool, and also makes me stop and think about how short our lives really are when compared to the workings of the universe.



The above picture is courtesy of Google Images.  I would love to photograph it myself, or see it through a high powered telescope, but it's still awesome to get to just hold the glass up and see it.  This photo looks pretty much like what I just saw, with Venus in the one o'clock position.  The only real difference is that through the #12 welding glass, the sun is green, a la Sam I Am's green eggs and ham!

Are you watching the transit, either live or via TV or streaming video?



No comments:

Post a Comment