1. What were you scared of as a kid? I was terrified of irrigation ditches. What??? Yep, you read that right. We lived in farming country, and there were irrigation ditches everywhere. Some of them very large. When I was 4, my neigborhood had a fairly good sized one, not too huge, but big enough to be dangerous for small kids. My mom warned me to never go near it. She said it may look slow and lazy on top, and seem like a nice place to wade, but it was deep and fast moving underneath. If I went or fell in, the current could suck me under and drown me. So began a huge fear of irrigation ditches. I had nightmares about just getting a few feet away and getting sucked in; about driving by one of the really big ones we used to see along the highway, and the car getting sucked in, with all of us in it. Even at that young age, when I had those dreams, I could feel the water going into my lungs and drowning me. It was scary! But, my mom's warning worked...I never went near the irrigation ditch!
2. Do you sleep well in a hotel? That depends. If we are in a quiet hotel where there's not a lot of noise from highways or other guests, I'll sleep fine.
3. If you could meet any celebrity, dead or alive, who and why? This one is kind of tough for me. I enjoy music and movies very much. But, for the most part, the celebrities, singers, or musicians don't lead very admirable lives, so I really don't care to meet them personally. Maybe I'd like to meet someone like Jim Caviezel. He's starred in some of my favorite things, such as Freqency, The Passion of the Christ, and the current TV show Person of Interest. He seems like a genuinely good person and family man.
4. It's a hot summer day. Do you prefer to be pool side or at the beach? Definitely at the beach! We lived in Florida, on the Gulf of Mexico, for 4 years while my husband was in the Air Force. We lived on the base, right on a bay, and we could go out our front door, walk across the street, and watch the dolphins or stingrays feeing every morning. A short drive across the base, and we were on the beach of the Gulf. It was awesome! Ever since then, I truly find swimming pools very boring.
5. What is your favorite summer dish? Taco Salad!