Thursday, May 31, 2012

First Day of Summer

I know the calendar doesn't say it's the first day of summer, but today is the first day that the kids are out of school.  So, I guess it's really the first day of summer vacation.

I had a lovely morning with my daughter.  She got up and joined me for my usual 5 mile walk.  Not that she had much of a choice; I did wake her up to come with me, but she came willingly and cheerfully.  We enjoyed the cool morning, lively conversation, and then on the way home, she enjoyed a blackberry Italian soda from the coffee shop we go right by (I enjoyed just a sip of said soda).  By the time we got home, we'd walked 5 1/4 miles in about 90 minutes time.  I hope she will continue to do this on a regular basis with me.  It was nice having my walking buddy back!

No comments:

Post a Comment