Friday, April 6, 2012

A Good Friday

Today, Good Friday, has been a very busy, but good Friday.  We got up at 5 a.m. because we needed to be on the road by shortly after 6 a.m.  We traveled to Sheridan, Wyoming with a friend.  She was having some work done on her vehicle there.  This worked out very well, because along with being Good Friday, today is also my mother-in-law's birthday.  She and my father-in-law were going to be in Sheridan also, to babysit my little nephews.  During the morning, we ran errands and did some fun shopping.  At lunchtime, we all met up to celebrate the birthday, and have a good visit.  My nephews are 1 1/2 years, and 6 months old.  We hadn't seen them since Christmas, and both of them have grown A LOT! Chad's sister has her hands full with these two little ones, but they are sooooo cute!  After saying our goodbyes, we headed back home.  It was a quick trip, but we got a lot accomplished, and the visit with family was fun.

It felt a little strange thinking about Good Friday, and what a somber occasion it commemorates, while celebrating a birthday.  After contemplating it, I think Jesus is happy to have us celebrating today, and not just being sad with remembering his personal sacrifice and death.  He saved us because of his great love for us, and in loving us, wants us to have joy.  It was different than I thought it would be, but I was able to celebrate my mother-in-law, keep Jesus in mind, and be thankful for his death, so he could rise again, and save me from my sins. Thank you for your perfect love, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment